Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Juxtaposition

Living here in Hawaii, on December 13th, I feel like my body is split right in half. One half of me is yearning for the crisp chill of winter and the Holiday back north. The other half of me basks in the daily sunshine and steamy, Hawaiian weather. Ah... I am a living juxtaposition :)
These are what my innards look like ...


Fab.you.lous! <3 I mean really, I live about 200 yards from the western coast of Oahu!


Photography is so beautiful... I  love the snow, and the dark hair, and (gasp, will I dare say it?) the pale skin! Ok Kage, I'm officially pushing for Colorado <3 

Greener pastures, like CNY !


I love wedding photography in the snow :) It would have been my second choice for a season <3 But I can't deny the beauty of the october leaves!


High fashion on a beach... If only I had the model-esqu legs to pull of boots with a skirt in Hawaii.


Buttercups! I've always found photographs or movie scenes of couples laying in a field of tall grass and spring-like flowers to be one of the most romantic things a couple could do: just be one, together, with nature. 
Ah, but in reality, I am terrified of bees, grass makes me itchy and girls who wear pretty, white dresses while lounging in a grassy field probably never wear those white dresses again. *Sigh* Damn those hopelessly romantic intangible expectations.


I think my younger brother is capable of perhaps this particular moment of brilliant athleticism. 
This past summer, he casually decided to hop aboard a plane and ski the Andes Mountains in Chile. He's an old soul.  I love his sense of adventure and excitement! My older brother and I admire him dearly :) I, on the other hand, am physically incapable of anything remotely similar. If I ever get this high on a snowboard, it'll be because I missed a sign that says "cliff".


Courtesy of a dear friend who posted this beautiful photo on her own blog. Thanks, The Inbetween Times! <3 


And then there is the indisputable fact that I just straight miss winter fashions....Ah, Kate Hudson, you look fabulous and cozy.




Alright, I guess I'll go continue my inner struggle while I clean the house in preparation of two weeks of guests! The sun isn't even out today, anyway, so the guilt affiliated with avoiding sunshine is minimized.


Me ke aloha,
M.

2 comments:

  1. ahh juxtaposition. the reason i pretend like i could live somewhere like Seattle or Colorado or NYC only to realize "really? yea right"

    movie couples laying in flower fields? you <3 twilight. ;)

    kate hudson is always perfect.

    <3 this, <3 you

    ReplyDelete