Wednesday, December 7, 2011

The Arrival

There are no words to describe the chaos and disarray of the last 36 hours. After two months without our household goods, we finally received our delivery on Tuesday!!
It was like Christmas morning! Literally! 

I woke up early and made banana nut bread for breakfast while Nick and I waited for the delivery truck to arrive. The large truck carried two crates full of all our shower and wedding gifts, my entire bedroom, all my clothing, and the few miscellaneous items from Nick's home. And so the unpacking and organizing commenced! The thrill mirrored that of opening Santa's stockings, but occasionally, we felt as though we were buried under a pile of heavy, wet snow, the kind that doesn't let you move very quickly if at all.

          


                        

   


       



 Rosalie lost her aloha for a little bit. She enjoyed the movers at our house, but didn't much know what to think of all the boxes and the obnoxious amounts of wrapping paper and tape. At one point, she found herself entangled with tape and plastic wrap, and thus decided to accept quarantine to her little bed under the Christmas tree-- with direct access to her water bowl.


Alas, I am happy to report there are only two boxes left; both are filled with books that will remain boxed until a bookshelf appears in our living room or office space. Nick and I both enjoyed a hot cup of coffee this morning with our fabulous coffee maker that we've missed so much! I'm making crockpot mac&cheese for Nick to bring to tomorrow's lunch potluck, and my ideas for lunch and dinner are absolutely endless!  

Thanks to everyone for all our wedding gifts!! We finally feel like our Hawaii house is our home :) Now... if you all would so kindly book your plane tickets....

COUNTDOWN:
Muffin = 11 days
Mom&Grams = 19 days
Dekey = 36 days :)

Hobbes has her aloha back, so we're going to take a walk before dinner.

Me ke aloha!
M.


1 comment:

  1. Thoughts as I read this:
    -omgomg yay!! so glad your stuff arrived now and not during the 'dreaded week'..
    -boxes are intimidating
    -LOVE the photo documentary: 'Through Rosalie's Eyes'
    -Did you get bangs?? Or do I have a bad memory? (it's genetic) well, either way I LOVE THEM
    -I just looked through your FB profile pics, you DID get bangs! knew it. love it.
    k bye

    ReplyDelete