Monday, February 20, 2012

Lanikai Beach

Ahh... a quick recap of the weekend:


Nick and I had a nice, long Presidents' Weekend. Nick, the luckier of the two of us, had Friday off as well. He clinched the "husband of the week" award by changing my oil, grocery shopping and helping clean the house, all while I was teaching in the morning. He's the greatest :) 


Saturday was a bit of a chaotic day. TheRo had a grooming appointment in the morning. She and I took Nick's truck to Ewa Beach. On our way home, I ran over a metal spike in our neighborhood (I know... what f**ing jack ass left a metal spike in the road) and needless to say, Nick's tire was flattened within five minutes of pulling into the driveway. We spent the remainder of our morning changing the tire and calling around to auto shops to see who could either fix or replace the tire. God car stuff is expensive!


Sunday, however, was our play day. Nick and I met a few of his co-workers on the East side of the island at Lanikai beach. Check out this pristine, gin blue water:

Although no beach is really "private", this particular beach isn't consider a public beach, so we are allowed to grill, drink and bring TheRo. I know. I know. You are all thinking: "but you just had her groomed!" When Nick's friend texted us on Friday night to invite us to Lanikai, that was my first thought: But she will be freshly groomed! Five hours in the sun, with sand in our eyes and salt water tangling our hair....
Nick brought Rosalie into the ocean and let her swim back to shore a couple of times. She loved it! What ever happened to my ocean-hating pooch! 
Not when Dad's around, apparently! 


We spent the afternoon grilling burgers, playing bocce and laying around in the sand. Someday, when I'm piling on layers of industrial-warmth socks, sweaters and mittens, stoking the fire every 20 minutes so it doesn't burn out, and perpetually warming up my tea to thaw from the inside out, I will remember this February 19th, 2012 as a day spent in bikinis and in the water....
*sigh*


No comments:

Post a Comment