Thursday, June 7, 2012

Back to it

... It's just that expectations are too high. 

That's my answer. 

I assumed, already, that you asked me why I haven't posted in so long. My answer is that expectations are too high. Last time I re-visited my blog, I emerged with a kick-ass post about combatting writer's block. Then I crafted more ramblings about a day in the life of a twenty-something year old living in Hawaii while her husband was off galavanting with his guys on a camping trip (army training exercise).  That post was inherently awesome simply because I wrote about Hawaii. 
So expectations are too high. Every time I've mustered the courage to consider blogging again, I fail. I suppose fervently that I lack the confidence to compose such subsequent stellar posts that I refuse to even try...

No, that's bullshit. It's been one hell of a crazy few weeks! Nick arrived back from his galavanting trip early! The Next Visitor, Michael P. Karpinski, arrived exhausted on a plane eight days later. I started teaching my summer course at the college. We fucking MOVED. There was more touristy stuff -- waterfalls, hiking, beaches, more beaches. Then Michael left, we reset, and damnit! When I have found a free moment, I've been reading this absolutely hysterical novel with no literary value, and I've ditched the blog thing (title to follow in later post. I have to save material to write about!). 

Truly and honestly, though, I've promised myself that as an exercise in writing, I would sit my happy ass down in front of the computer every morning before I leave for work and post something. I plan to begin this tomorrow. I hope I create more than 4 posts for this month, though I make no promises since our next guest, Miss Beth Cutia, arrives on island in three days. 

Anyway, there is my lame excuse! Expectations are cracked; I'm back to it hopefully for a while at least. 
Cheers fellow bloggers!

No comments:

Post a Comment