Sunday, April 29, 2012

Timeless

I know I don't know this woman. I don't who she's wearing. I'm not sure where she's sitting, although it certainly is in Paris. I couldn't tell you the date of this photo or what date it's trying to emulate. I have no idea who should be credited for this picture. 
But timeless photographs like these I want in my home. It is unparalleled poise, beauty, and art. It quietly screams adventure, culture, wonder and timeless goddess.
I want to be her. Or maybe I just want to see her. I want to know what her face looks like when she looks at the Eiffel Tower. Or, perhaps she isn't even looked at it at all. Maybe she's looking at the people on the street. Tourists, locals, ghosts of those who can't seem to leave, even if they already left. 
I wonder if she's holding a book. What book? Voltaire maybe? Alexander Dumas? Flaubert? 


Photographs are supposed to capture a thousand words, but I think they provoke a thousand questions. 

1 comment:

  1. I like your comment about how photographs prompt a thousand questions...I hope to use photos as writing prompts in my classroom but I would like my students to generate questions, not just thoughts. I like the way you think (or question I guess I should say) Mia!

    ReplyDelete